Uros and Taquile (Full day)
The Taquile Island, is 35 Km. from Puno city in the highest navigable lake in the world, Lake Titicaca. The quechua name of Taquile is “Intinka”. On Taquile Island there are traces of the past, it was part of the Inca Empire, dating from pre-Inca period, the remains of which are seen at the top. Its main attraction is ethnological culture and folklore, because they retain their customs and rituals, values and ancestral uses lake landscape and nature can be seen, the typical dress, extraordinary and fine textiles made by islanders activity that involves men and women (with symmetrical symbolic decorations with strong colors and contrast) it reflects their social and ecological conception. Chullos (woolen caps) are famous, Cchumpis or cummerbunds of Taquile, decorated with colorful symbols of great complexity. The natives share the experiences in their homes, food in restaurants serving typical dishes prepared by them.
What time does it start and what will it be done on the tour?
- 06:45 a.m. Pick up visitors from their hotels.
- 07:00 a.m. Departure from the port of Puno city, heading to the UROS FLOATING ISLANDS.
- 07:25 a.m. Arrival to the first floating island, reception by the natives who share their ancestral experiences, their main activity is fishing and hunting.
- 08:25 a.m. Visit to the second floating island.
- 09:00 a.m. Departure to Taquile Island.
- 11:30 a.m. Arrival to the island, landing at the port of SALAKANCHA.
- 12:30 p.m. Concentration at the main square.
- 13: 45 p.m. Taste their exquisite dishes: quinoa soup, fried trout with rice and potatoes, spare time.
- 13:45 p.m. Down the 535 stone steps to the main port Chilcano.
- 14:30 p.m. Return to the city of Puno.
- 17:00 p.m. Arrival at the port of Puno and transportation to their hotels.
What is included:
- Transfer hotel – port – hotel.
- Entrances fees.
- Motor boat with toilet.
- English/spanish speaking guide.
- 01 lunch in Taquile.
It will be applied an extra cost of transport for people who have a reservation in the following hotels:
- Libertado, Casa Andina private colecttions, Posada del inca, Eco Inn.
- Jose Antonio.
- Taypikala (Chucuito).
What is not included:
- Backpack with personal items.
- Sun block.
- Sun glasses.
- Sun hat.
- Mineral water.
|Price from :||USD 25.00 for person.|
Departure: 06:45 a.m. – Return: 05:00 p.m.
|Tour frequency:||All year.|
|Exchange rate U$D:||S/ 3.34|