Uros Amantani and Taquile 2D/1N
It goes back to the pre Inca time 1500 BC. On the island you can admire sacred sites of pre-Inca cultures Pukara and Lupaka. Known for the friendliness of its people and as natural home of the Flor de la Cantuta (Cantuta flower), the Amantani island is located in Lake Titicaca 38 km from Puno city (3 ½ hours of navigation in normal boat). It has 15 square kilometres of area and 3,663 inhabitants. Its population is Quechua and is dedicated primarily to the cultivation of potatoes, corn, oca, quinoa, broad beans and peas; its most representative craft is constituted by textiles and stone carvings. Among its natural attractions include two viewpoints at the top, from where you can see the Lake in its entirety, as well as some prehistoric remains, ceremonial as the PACHATATA and PACHAMAMA centers and a cemetery of mummies. As in Taquile, it is custom of villagers offer their housing and food to visitors who wish to stay overnight, to share the activities of native communities. The houses in Amantani are very simple and toilets are basic, no electricity, no showers, local family will provide three or more clean blankets. Overnight stay on Amantani island will be an unforgettable experience because we can share the way of life of the Islanders.
DAY 1: UROS and AMANTANI
- 07:45 a.m.: Pick up visitors from their hotels.
- 08:00 a.m.: Departure from the port of Puno city, heading to the Uros floating islands.
- 08:30 a.m.: Arrival to the first floating island, reception by the natives who share their ancestral customs.
- 10:00 a.m.: We continue our journey to AMANTANI Island.
- 01:00 p.m.: Arrival in Amantani Island, where organized families welcome us, accommodation in typical family houses, where share pleasant moments with them.
- 02:00 p.m.: We will taste a typical lunch prepared by them, spare time.
- 04:00 p.m.: Hike towards the ceremonial temple Pacha Tata, enjoy a beautiful view of Lake Titicaca and its landscape, likewise a spectacular view of the sunset.
- 05:45 p.m.: Descend into the respective family homes.
- 45 p.m.: Typical dinner with the family.
- 08:00 p.m.: Peña show (dancing) organized by families.
DAY 2: AMANTANI AND TAQUILE
- 08:00 a.m.: After breakfast, we start in the same boat to the Taquile Island.
- 09:00 a.m.: Arrival to Taquile Island, take a walk. Visit the main square and the market, visitors can enjoy and share the customs and traditions of this beautiful and scenic island.
- 12:00 p.m.: Typical lunch at a local restaurant.
- 01:00 p.m.: Descend to the Chilcano dock to take our boat back to Puno.
- 04:00 p.m.: Arrival at Puno.
What is included:
- Transfer Hotel/port/hotel.
- Entrances fees.
- Motor boat.
- Spanish/English speaking guide.
- 03 meals in Amantani (lunch, dinner, breakfast).
- 01 luch in Taquile.
- Accommodation in Amantani.
What is not included:
- Backpack with personal items.
- Sun block.
- Sun glasses.
- Sun hat.
- Mineral water.
It will be applied an extra cost of transport for people who have a reservation in the following hotels:
- Libertado, Casa Andina private colecttions, Posada del inca, Eco Inn.
- Jose Antonio.
- Taypikala (Chucuito).
|Price from :||USD 45.00 for person.|
|Duration:||2 days and 1 night.|
Departure: 07:45 a.m. – Return: 03:30 p.m.
|Tour frequency:||All year.|
|Exchange rate U$D:||S/ 3.34|