City Tour Puno Half day
Puno, has richness in its landscape, it was the site of one of the most important cultures of the pre-Inca period, Tiahuanaco, maximum expression of the ancient Aymara people, whose archaeological remains cause admiration. As well as the variety, the vitality and the colorful folklore represent a series of attractions of singular beauty of flora and fauna of the Andean area and customs of its inhabitants.
Transfer from their respective hotels to start with the City Tour. The places to visit are: the main square where the Cathedral is located, later will visit the House of the Count of Lemos with great historical content, the Deustua Arch that was made in stone carved out by the Spaniards, Carlos Dreyer museum, Coca Museum, finally we will go to the ship Yaravi museum to finish our journey.
- Arco Deustua: located 3 blocks from the main street in Puno is a monument built in honor to the Peruvians who fought in the battle of Junin and Ayacucho. It was built in the year 1846, has two roundabouts at the sides.
- Pino Park: It is one of the places of greater concentration pedestrian, in the center there is a monument to Dr Manuel Pino hero of the war with Chile, was built in 1901. And the front is the San Juan Church.
- Carlos Dreyer Museum: The Municipal Museum Carlos Dreyer is located in the city of Puno, was declared Cultural Heritage of the nation. In its interior features with Halls of the cultures andinascomo Pukara, Tiwanaku, Inca.
- The Cathedral: It was built in the seventeenth century and with the rank of Minor Basilica. The facade was sculpted Simon de Asto. The Cathedral of Puno was built on the Fence of the Devil. Was completed on 25 May 1757 and is a sample of the Spanish baroque style that includes Andean elements that give the monument a mestizo character.
- Naval Museum Yavari: Built in 1862 and anchored in the Bay of Puno; delivered in parts a mule to the shores of the highest navigable lake in the world (3810 masl).
- Museum of Coca: has a number of types of Andean coca crop, these sheets were used by our ancestors as food, medicine and as an essential part of the offerings to their tutelary gods.
What is included:
- Private transport.
- Entrance fees.
- Guide Spanish – English.
What is not included:
- Others not mentioned in the program.
|Price from :||
Departure: Morning or Afternoon.
|Tour frequency:||All year.|
|Exchange rate U$D:||S/ 3.34|